Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ZT Maximus

I just stumbled onto a nice link on Least Most to jaredsouney.com. The article is about the infamous ZT Maximus Skatepark that was in Cambridge, MA. Even though I had only gotten to shred there once, I still hold that fond memory. I skated at the time, it was about 1996 or 1997 and I went there because a friend of mine's parents rented it out for his birthday. This was the first time I had ever been to a skatepark like that. It was kind of intimidating going there as a 13 year old surrounded by all these gnarly looking skaters. But I remember the owner being a super cool nice dude, and he had an even cooler bulldog I believe it was. Me and my friends were clueless on what to do, but we had fun. We all got on the deck of the vert ramp and looked over the edge and being terrified. So basically there needs to be more gritty skateparks like that in the east so everyone can ride in the winters and just have a good sesh. Anyways check out the article http://www.jaredsouney.com/2010/01/zt-maximus-skatepark-1995-1996/
It includes some east coast riders in thier early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment